An ad hoc handyman is required to be responsible for taking care of all aspects of maintenance at 4 houseshares.
- Small carpentry jobs
- General maintenance
- Buying materials
- Organising and overseeing larger jobs
- Manning out of hours tenant emergency line
- Must be polite, well-mannered, positive, enthusiastic, high energy and upbeat
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Fluent English
- Ability to use a smartphone (and use of one)
- This is a flexible role where your work hours will be determined by (1) the workload at the time; and (2) your availability
- This is an ongoing role
You’ll be receiving your brief and collecting the relevant house keys at Yeoman Close, Ipswich IP1 2QE. There is ample free parking on site. One of the houseshares that you’ll be looking after is in East Ipswich and the three others are in Colchester. At the end of your maintenance rounds you will return to Ipswich to debrief with your manager and return keys. Travel time is paid and mileage is reimbursed.
- You must have a smartphone to be able to view your daily tasks
- You must have your own tools and transport
- Wages are negotiable depending on experience
- It is essential you have your own tools and transport (van preferred, but not essential)
- Closing date for applications and telephone interviews is 07/08/2018
- In person interviews will take place from 08/08/2018 onwards
Subject to completing the necessary training this role can lead to you carrying out other roles within the business
How to Apply
To discuss this opportunity please call Ivan Pashov on 07580811118 any time between 0800-2100 (available 7 days a week). The magic word for your conversation with Ivan is “Hammerdrill”. Please call Ivan before sending in your CV. Applications received without a preliminary phone call will not receive a response.